If you don’t want to be obvious that you’re a tourist, don’t call San Francisco – Frisco or San Fran. The locals will definitely spot you and since they’re snobby or very proud of their city they might think you’re cheapening their city’s name. If you must give it a nickname an exception is referring to her as “The City” which really encapsulates how residents feel about this gleaming metropolis that’s both full of culture and commerce. I don’t know if you’ll agree with me but there’s no other better way to enjoy a city, but as a local. Avoid the tourist trap as SF local and nightlife guru , Johnny Caron gives us the lowdown on the digs of “The City”.
1. SF Moma museum
2. Visit Haight Ashbury district
Street & building art enhance the hipster vibe of this area, with old buildings juxtaposed versus modern structures.
3. Ride a bike across Golden Gate Bridge
4. Take a pic at Marin headlands
5. Check out the best view of the city at Twin Peaks
6. Food truck Fridays @ Off the grid @ Fort Mason Center
Live it up @ Temple Nightclub
7. Eat the best fried chicken in SF at Wayfare Tavern
8. Watch a local sports team @ Chieftain Irish bar or better yet catch a live Dubs (Golden State Warriors) game at the Oracle Stadium and maybe spot some celebrities along the way.
9. Blow-off steam at Goldclub Gentlemen’s Club
10. Ride the ferry across the bay and have dinner at Sausalito
11. Best brunch spot on Sundays at El Techo rooftop patio
12. Best park to enjoy Sunday funday Dolores park