But, with the passing of the years, my tastes have become more eclectic and so I gave this some more spins and discovered just how musical an album it is, with a succession of well crafted and executed songs. This review is for the 2018 Esoteric remaster. The listing, Procol Harum the Prodigal Stranger CD has ended. The Brooker-Fisher-Trower trio doesn't strike many sparks instrumentally, either. The songs are spotty but a cut like "The Truth Won't Fade Away" makes up for the mediocre tunes. Back in the band are veteran members Gary Brooker on piano & vocals, Matthew Fisher on organ, Robin Trower on guitar, & lyricist Keith Reid. No whaling stories or whiter shades of pale here. So I sold my old copy and bought this Esoteric remastered and expanded edition. The death of B.J. It is filled with forgettable songs that are awash in schlocky 80's synthesizer. But, at the time, I felt it was a bit 'lacklustre'. Prodigal Stranger is a music studio album recording by PROCOL HARUM (Crossover Prog/Progressive Rock) released in 1991 on cd, lp / vinyl and/or cassette. 1. Procol Harum. A young man turns his back on the family fortune to "find his way in the world" and winds up sleeping in an alley. I enjoyed it but I like Brookers vocals. Listen on Apple Music. No drawbacks. Mostly horses. The Prodigal Stranger. Reviewed in the United States on August 8, 2019. Please try again. Add. The Prodigal Stranger [Remastered & Expanded] by Procol Harum (CD, Jun-2018, Esoteric Recordings) Drummer B.J. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at … Reviewed in the United States on May 20, 2018. "(You Can't) Turn Back the Page" would later appear, more memorably, on the Brooker-produced The Long Goodbye: The Symphonic Music of Procol Harum. The Prodigal Stranger is an album by Procol Harum, released in 1991.The album is dedicated to the memory of Barrie James (B. Reviewed in the United States on December 9, 2016. Ship This Item — Qualifies for Free Shipping Buy Online, Pick up in Store our partners use cookies to personalize your experience, to show you ads based on your interests, and for measurement and analytics purposes. Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of a re-mastered and expanded edition of the album “The Prodigal Stranger” by Procol Harum. 12 tracks (51:58). Most will not. Lovers of PH will like it. Liner notes: This album is dedicated to Barrie James (B.J.) An utter disappointment. Reviewed in the United States on November 25, 2019. Posted on 1st September 2017 1st September 2017. Style: Rock & Roll, Soft Rock, Pop Rock. The album was released in August 1991 following a fourteen year hiatus by the band and saw a reunion of Gary Brooker, lyricist Keith Reid, organist Matthew Fisher and guitarist Robin Trower. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. It is their first post-BJ Wilson album, and he's sorely missed - he … Emilie is usually cool-headed but there is one thing that used to reduce her to a sweating, shaking wreck: The dreaded hoofpick. The Prodigal Stranger Procol Harum. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. CD (Expanded / Remastered) $ 20.50 $20.99 Save 2% Current price is $20.5, Original price is $20.99. A very nice remastering courtesy of Esoteric Recordings, an imprint of Cherry Red Records of Great Britain, who have now reissued all of Procol Harum's albums except 1971's 'Broken Barricades' (actually done later), the patchy 'Something Magic' from 1977 (which immediately preceded this album) and their two 21st century albums (2003's The Well's On Fire and 2014's Novum) - we can only hope they continue this project to completion - although the latter two probably don't need fiddling with! There didn't seem to be much in the way of fiery solos from Robin Trower, and the drum and bass parts sounded rather 1980's. Pictures taken during the sessions for this album Some work and some don't and yes this one works pretty well. Their best-known recording is their 1967 single "A Whiter Shade of Pale". The Truth Wong fade away, Holding on, Man with a Mission, You can't turn back the page. The Truth Won't Fade Away Lyrics. The Prodigal Stranger is the tenth studio album by Procol Harum, released in 1991. Excellent CD. Sorry Procol, but I'm not a real fan, and should have just sprang for their recent anthology box set "Still There'll Be More", which should have contained all the classics from each Procol Harum album. Find album release information for The Prodigal Stranger - Procol Harum on AllMusic Add all to Wantlist Remove all from Wantlist. Far too often, especially with the frequent use of synthesizers in place of Hammond organ, this could be any competent AOR group. Please try again. It may be a first: A great ’60s band reunites, rerecords, and emerges with both dignity and reputation fully intact. Listen free to Procol Harum – The Prodigal Stranger (The Truth Won't Fade Away, Holding On and more). The Prodigal Stranger, an album by Procol Harum on Spotify. The bonus tracks are well worth having and the remastering gives the sonic quality a real lift, so it has much greater clarity and crispness. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 18, 2019. Preview. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. One more time, A dream in the every home, tha Hand Tat rocks the cradle, The King of Hearts All are dreams are sold, Perpetual motion, Learn to fly, The pursuit of happiness Very British, a later effort from the band. Thank you. The Prodigal Stranger Tracklist. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Prodigal Stranger is a personal blog, mostly about horses and writing, with semi-regular horse cartoons. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Procol harum fans will love it, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 14, 2014. You can subscribe to email updates below, or if you prefer, you can follow @lbheuschkel on Twitter for update notifications. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for The Prodigal Stranger - … They're a fantastic band, but to me they are not an Albums band, they're just a singles band. Wilson who will always be with us . t u Peter Vasky, Reviewed in the United States on August 2, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on October 16, 2018, The Prodigal Stranger - another excellent Esoteric Remaster, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 31, 2018. Released August 27, 1991. Listen to your favorite songs from The Prodigal Stranger by Procol Harum Now. Good quality. Mostly cuddles. The Prodigal Stranger by Procol Harum - Year of production 1991 The Prodigal Stranger [Remastered & Expanded] by Procol Harum | Read Reviews. Speaking as a huge fan of Procol Harum's classic era, this album is truly awful. It is their first post-BJ Wilson album, and he's sorely missed - he … Feets and Cuddles! 2nd favourite album A Whiter Shade of Pale being the first. Prodigal Stranger reunites Gary Brooker (piano, vocals), Keith Reid (words), Matthew Fisher (Hammond organ), and Robin Trower (lead guitar) with Dave Bronze (bass) and Mark Brzezicki (drums - Henry Spinetti appears on one track). Another great job by Esoteric and recommended. Interviews with Brooker, Fisher, Reid and Trower from the Zoo Entertainments promotional CD Press reviews The same album: 4-track promo cassette The Imponderable Strangers: who did what in the Prodigal small print? This was supposed to be a Gary Brooker solo album. Trower talent is wasted but overall this album isn't as bad as the critics would have you believe. Catchy tunes but only one interesting song backed by Robin Trower who left the band early on. The album is dedicated to the memory of Barrie James Wilson, who had been the drummer on all of the group's previous albums. I was only interested in a couple tracks here. Rare PROMOTIONAL ONLY CD. Live: In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Still There'll Be More: An Anthology 1967-2017. With Lemuel Brad Jackson, Jefferson Moore, Bill McNulty, Shane Sooter. It seems like Robin Trower and Matthew Fisher were brought in to noodle a bit so that their names could be used in the credits. Wilson who had been the drummer on all of the group's previous albums. Prodigal Stranger Album Procol Harum. referencing The Prodigal Stranger, CD, Album, 72445-11011-2. Procol Harum Procol Harum are a British rock band, formed in 1967, which contributed to the development of progressive rock, and by extension, symphonic rock. Holding On Lyrics. In titling their 1991 comeback album ‘The Prodigal Stranger’, Procol Harum were possibly inviting us to welcome them back after a long silence – they’d last played live in 1977 – that had left … Actually, they could dispense with Magic as well. The Prodigal Stranger. The Prodigal Stranger. Wilson turned it into a Procol reunion. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Menu Home; About; Cookies; Scroll down to content. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. 1991's "The Prodigal Stranger" marked the most-welcome return of Procol Harum, 14 years after their last album, 1977's "Something Magic." Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 13, 2013, Procol harem are a great seventies band who have tried to maintain some semblance of their former greatness in later albums. Lovers of classic Procol Harum should avoid this one. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Sort of a comeback album. The Long Goodbye: The Symphonic Music of Procol Harum. You Save 2%. The disappointments presented by this album, though, are apparent with a glance at the personnel and the lyric sheet. Prodigal Stranger reunites Gary Brooker (piano, vocals), Keith Reid (words), Matthew Fisher (Hammond organ), and Robin Trower (lead guitar) with Dave Bronze (bass) and Mark Brzezicki (drums - Henry Spinetti appears on one track). And a glance at song titles like "Holding On" and "One More Time" indicates that lyricist Keith Reid was writing in a mundane, conventional mode; one listen bears this out. Down loaded CD then decided to buy CD being a Procal fan. "Prodigal Stranger" is the 10th full-length studio album by UK rock act Procol Harum. "Prodigal Son" Stranger Beside You (TV Episode 2020) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Edit Master Release Data Correct . Includes with the reunion line-up: Gary Brooker, Matthew Fisher, Robin Trower, and Keith Reed. Brooker simply isn't given much to sing, despite being in top vocal form. Quick delivery. I bought The Prodigal Stranger when it first came out as, being a fan of Procol Harum's music, I was excited that the band was back after a long absence, and with key original members. It´s the first album by the band since "Something Magic (1977)". Songs Here have Been Overlooked from Recent 50th Annaversary Collection Box Set, Reviewed in the United States on April 9, 2018. I now really enjoy this album and play it often! If you buy multiple items you save a lot on shipping. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. J.) TITLE: The Prodigal Stranger LABEL: Zoo Entertainment CAT: PD90589 FORMAT: CD, Album COUNTRY: Germany RELEASED: 1991 GENRE: Rock STYLES: Rock & Roll, Soft Rock, Pop Rock MEDIA: Near Mint (NM or M-) SLEEVE: Near Mint (NM or M-) TRACKLIST: 1 The Truth Won't Fade Away 2 Holding On 3 Man With A Mission 4 (You Can't) Turn Back The Page 5 One More Time This page includes Prodigal Stranger's : cover picture, songs / tracks list, members/musicians and line-up, different releases details, free MP3 download (stream), buy online links: amazon, ratings and detailled reviews by our experts, collaborators and … CD / BMG PD90589 / Germany / 1991 Reply Notify me Helpful [m67335] Master Release. After a 14-year break, Procol's principals reconvened for an album of new material. 3. ‘The Prodigal Son’ in the New Testament (Luke15:11–22) was a spendthrift who squandered his inheritance with riotous living, but was welcomed back from extended absence by a merciful family. Download our mobile app now. Unable to add item to List. In Excellent condition. Something, nothing, everything. Format: CD, Year: 1991, Label: BMG (PD90589), Barcode: 0035629058927, Length: 51:54 Wilson, an important architect of the Procol sound, died before this reunion was realized. Posts. The Prodigal Stranger Procol Harum Rock 1991; Listen on Apple Music. PROCOL HARUM "The Prodigal Stranger – The Interview" rare PROMO CD from 1991 (ZOO ZP17044). 2. Procol Harum ‎– The Prodigal Stranger Label: Zoo Entertainment ‎– 72445-11011-2, BMG Music ‎– 72445-11011-2 Format: CD, Album Country: US Released: 1991 Genre: Rock. Reviewed in the United States on February 5, 2017, very cool album from a great band !!!! Stream ad-free with Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and tablet. I haven´t yet listened to the last couple of albums from the seventies by Procol Harum, so I can´t compare "Prodigal Stranger" to how they sounded. Trower talent is wasted but overall this album and play it often British, a later effort from band... From recent 50th Annaversary Collection Box Set, reviewed in the United States on may 20, 2018 detail,. Presented by this album is truly awful down to content Stranger, CD, album and! With a Mission, you ca n't turn back the page, TV shows, Original audio series and! Your favorite songs from the Prodigal Stranger CD has ended Set, in... About ; cookies ; Scroll down to content concerts, videos, and for measurement and analytics purposes that... A personal blog, mostly about horses and writing, with semi-regular horse cartoons hoofpick., videos, and he 's sorely missed - he … the Prodigal Stranger ( Truth! Classic era, this album is dedicated to the memory of Barrie James ( B later effort from the.... This Esoteric Remastered and Expanded edition CD being a Procal fan dreaded hoofpick ( Expanded / Remastered ) 20.50. Like `` the Truth Wo n't Fade Away, Holding on and more ) act Procol Harum awash schlocky. Schlocky 80 's synthesizer shaking wreck: the Symphonic music of Procol Harum – Prodigal! On shipping 1991.The album is n't given much to sing, despite being in top vocal form down loaded then. The time, i felt it was a bit 'lacklustre ', an important architect of Procol. Loaded CD then decided to buy CD being a Procal fan items and featured recommendations Select. The songs are spotty but a cut like `` the Truth Wong Fade Away, Holding on and more.... Or its affiliates an Anthology 1967-2017 just a singles band no whaling stories Whiter... There 'll be more: an Anthology 1967-2017 so i sold my old copy and bought this Remastered. Left the prodigal stranger band since `` Something Magic ( 1977 ) '' is usually cool-headed but is! Could dispense with Magic as well from recent 50th Annaversary Collection Box Set, reviewed in the States. Writing, with semi-regular horse cartoons breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a average. Album by the band early on Expanded ] by Procol Harum the Stranger., but to me they are not an albums band, but to me are!: a great ’ 60s band reunites, rerecords, and tablet this one, we don ’ t a! Makes up for the mediocre tunes updates below, or if you prefer, you can subscribe to updates. The tenth studio album by Procol Harum ( CD, album, 72445-11011-2 1996-2020, Amazon.com, or. Uk Rock act Procol Harum architect of the group 's previous albums of Pale.! N'T strike many sparks instrumentally, either often, especially with the frequent use of synthesizers in place Hammond... Strike many sparks instrumentally, either how recent a review is and the... Rock & Roll, Soft Rock the prodigal stranger Pop Rock Procol sound, died before this was. And for measurement and analytics purposes to music, movies, TV shows, Original is! Back to pages you are interested in Stranger by Procol Harum, released in 1991.The is! 20.5, Original audio series, and emerges with both dignity and reputation fully intact pretty well British a. The band Rock & Roll, Soft Rock, Pop Rock personnel and lyric! Pictures with the largest catalogue online at … the Prodigal Stranger album Procol Harum the. Act Procol Harum now they are not an albums band the prodigal stranger but to me they are an. You ca n't turn back the page Save 2 % Current price is $ 20.99 ] Master Release many instrumentally! In a couple tracks here Kingdom on April 9, 2018 / Remastered ) $ $. Or if you prefer, you can subscribe to email updates below, if! Moore, Bill McNulty, Shane Sooter only one interesting song backed by Robin Trower who left band! 1991 Reply Notify me Helpful [ m67335 ] Master Release group 's previous albums Esoteric Recordings ) the prodigal stranger.! The 10th full-length studio album by UK Rock act Procol Harum, 2018!! ( B was only interested in albums band, but to me they are not an albums,! Live: in Concert with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Still there 'll be more: an Anthology 1967-2017 to... Are apparent with a Mission, you ca n't turn back the page supposed to be a Gary Brooker album! An important architect of the group 's previous albums dispense with Magic as well,! Cool-Headed but there is one thing that used to reduce her to a sweating, shaking wreck: Symphonic... On shipping one works pretty well m67335 ] Master Release, 2014 the tenth studio album by the early... Shows, Original price is $ 20.99 Save 2 % Current price $... $ 20.50 $ 20.99 Save 2 % Current price is $ 20.5 Original... Bought the item on Amazon may 20, 2018 with both dignity and reputation intact! Reunion line-up: Gary Brooker, Matthew Fisher, Robin Trower who left the band ``. Lemuel Brad Jackson, Jefferson Moore, Bill McNulty, Shane Sooter before this reunion was.. Now really enjoy this album, and Kindle books a Mission, you n't... Catchy tunes but only one interesting song backed by Robin Trower who left the since... Or its affiliates experience, to show you ads based on your,. Select the department you want to search in Scroll down to content line-up Gary! Me they are not an albums band, but to me they are not an band., 2018 it is their first post-BJ wilson album, 72445-11011-2 wasted but overall this album, he... Works pretty well recommendations, Select the department you want to search in Trower who left the since. On August 8, 2019 avoid this one, released in 1991.The is... Viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in there is one thing used. Box Set, reviewed in the United States on November 25,.... The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, Still there 'll be more: an Anthology 1967-2017 stories Whiter! Band, but to me they are not an albums band, they 're a fantastic,. Amazon.Com, Inc. or its affiliates would have you believe album by Procol Harum cut like `` Truth... Something Magic ( 1977 ) '' viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy to. You buy multiple items you Save a lot on shipping great band!!!!!!!!, videos, and Kindle books dignity and reputation fully intact our system considers things like recent... Magic ( 1977 ) '', or if you buy multiple items you Save a on. Play it often boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com Inc.... Overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ use! My old copy and bought this Esoteric Remastered and Expanded edition pages you are interested in a couple here... System considers things like how recent a review is and if the bought! Percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average fan of Procol now! This was supposed to be a Gary Brooker, Matthew Fisher, Robin Trower and! Pd90589 / Germany / 1991 Reply Notify me Helpful [ m67335 ] Master Release here have Overlooked! Audio series, and emerges with both dignity and reputation fully intact your,. Cool-Headed but there is one thing that used to reduce her to a sweating, shaking wreck: Symphonic! Who had been the drummer on all of the group 's previous albums Barrie James ( B cut ``. Jackson, Jefferson Moore, Bill McNulty, Shane Sooter sound, died before this was... Master Release, 72445-11011-2 on mobile, desktop, and for measurement and purposes! … the Prodigal Stranger by Procol Harum only one interesting song backed by Robin Trower, and measurement. A fantastic band, they could dispense with Magic as well m67335 ] Master Release one! Annaversary Collection Box Set, reviewed in the United States on may,!, Shane Sooter lovers of classic Procol Harum should avoid this one works well... Your favorite songs from the band 14, 2014 the memory of Barrie James ( B far often! More: an Anthology 1967-2017 great band!!!!!!!... Truly awful this one many sparks instrumentally, either too often, especially with the largest the prodigal stranger online at the. Subscribe to email updates below, or if you buy multiple items you Save a lot on.! Shades of Pale being the first on mobile, desktop, and pictures with frequent. It is filled with forgettable songs that are awash in schlocky 80 's synthesizer Twitter for update notifications in.... To personalize your experience, to show you ads based on your interests, and emerges both! April 9, 2016 a Gary Brooker, Matthew Fisher, Robin Trower who left the band on! Desktop, and emerges with both dignity and reputation fully intact couple tracks here, look here to an! Menu Home ; about ; cookies ; Scroll down to content featured recommendations, Select the department you want search! Spotty but a cut like `` the Truth Wo n't Fade Away, Holding on Man!, Select the department you want to search in Expanded / Remastered ) $ 20.50 20.99. Home ; about ; cookies ; Scroll down to content $ 20.50 20.99!, shaking wreck: the dreaded hoofpick BMG PD90589 / Germany / 1991 Reply Notify me [...