95. I am not Vera-Ellen. Oscars Best Picture Winners Best Picture Winners Golden Globes Emmys San Diego Comic-Con New York Comic-Con Sundance Film Festival Toronto Int'l Film … I have to agree with you that Vera Ellen’s pink dancing dress is just gorgeous – and it reminds me quite a bit of Liesl’s dancing dress with the pouffy sleeves and circular skirt. $32.98 $ 32. Because the photograph of the reproduction dress is so small online, I was unable to see many of the details, but it sounds like you have compared the two dresses very well. Head also perfectly matches the costumes with the characters’ personalities: Clooney’s character Betty is sleek and controlled, while Vera-Ellen’s Judy is all about the swish and swirl. The 1950s “Sisters” Costume from White Christmas. Black Bandeau Swimwear Top & Ruffle High Waisted Swimsuit Bottom. Head has won 8 Academy Awards for her costumes, including awards for All About Eve, A Place in the Sun, Roman Holiday, The Facts of Life, and many others. Black Bandeau Swimwear Top & Ruffle High Waisted Swimsuit Bottom. Beige Elegant Ladies Long Sleeve Aztec Cardigan Sweater Coat. She died on October 24, 1981 in Los Angeles, California. Nancy, I think that dress is gorgeous, too! White Christmas (1954) ... Costume Designer Frank Bracht Editor Grace Gregory Set Designer Hal Pereira Art Director Irving Berlin Composer (Music Score), Songwriter Irving Berlin Composer (Music Score), Songwriter Joseph Lilley Musical Direction/Supervision What I was most taken with, though, are the dazzling costume designs of the legendary Edith Head. Seek out some serious sparkle by shopping this edited selection of necklaces , bracelets and earrings . Edith Head is my absolute favorite costume designer. Blue Pretty Womens Halter Sleeveless Skater Dress. After the ladies change out of their matching turquoise outfits, they each shine in their own styles and colors from that point onward. $34.99 $ 34. At a holiday party in Vermont, Rosemary Clooney wears this deep forest green velvet frock in all its glory, with that wonderful New Look silhouette and delicate strapping detail around the neckline that carries over to the back of the dress. With the fitted bodices and huge, pouffy skirts held out by crinolines, Rosemary’s dresses were the epitome of 1950s fashion. Irving Berlin's 1954 holiday classic movie White Christmas has some surprising facts behind it. You see that gorgeous, giant brooch pinned above the bustle. With world-class production and customer support, your satisfaction is guaranteed. 17% off. 4.3 out of 5 stars 272. Rosemary is George’s aunt. Holiday Inn: The New Irving Berlin Musical ... Scenic and Costume Design. The most difficult decision was how to apply the faux fur, but everyone agreed it turned out swell. Weeks 1 & 2 of the 1950s Sisters Dress Sew-Along. All of the dance-number costumes are glittering, and the party gowns, cocktail dresses and general every-day looks for the actors are glamorous and in the fashion of the day that was at its height: Christian Dior’s “New Look.” Featuring rounded shoulders, a cinched waist, and a full skirt, the New Look celebrates ultra-femininity and opulence. This Vera-Ellen outfit is my second favorite in the movie. It was also the first high-resolution film, shot on VistaVision in widescreen format. Yes, Rosemary Clooney is related to actor George Clooney. It would take a bit of work with all the beading on the sweater, but it would be lovely! See more ideas about christmas costumes, white christmas, costumes. She was married to Wiard Ihnen and Charles Head. Edith Head was born on October 28, 1897 in San Bernardino, California, USA as Edith Claire Posener. Irving Berlin's White Christmas [US Tour, 2016] Original Set Designer. As many know, Edith is practically my patron saint...a designing … Among the things she’s fond of are pulp paperbacks, vintage ads, clothing and jewelry, and everything Mid-Century Mod, especially her small collection of funky lamps with those big fiberglass shades. © 2012-2020 Edelweiss Patterns All Rights Reserved. Thank you for this post! Heaven Costumes Australia, buy fancy dress costumes online. The fabulous costumes in White Christmas were designed by fame costume designer, Edith Head. White Christmas itself was the industry's biggest money maker of 1954...taking advantage of the holidays, Technicolor, and being the first movie screened in VistaVision to bring in the audiences and away from their new televisions. Oh, that sounds wonderful, Kris! Although she was not nominated for White Christmas, her costumes for it still showcase her immense talent. All the time. There are more costumes in this show than any other in Syracuse Stage history. Inflatable Snowman Costume Adult, with Beautiful Scarf, Cute Funny Costume Perfect for Christmas, Birthday, New Year, Gift White 4.6 out of 5 stars 3 $29.99 $ 29 . A religious Christmas program isn't complete without Joseph and we have both a deluxe and regular costume design so you can choose which fits your pageant better. In more recent years, Mackie has been mainly known as the costume designer for Cher’s elaborate outfit during her latest tours, including her latest Here We Go Again Tour. Enjoyed seeing your site. Once the movie leaves Miami and the tropical palette, the shades start moving into Christmas color territory, exemplified by Vera-Ellen’s traveling outfit on the train ride to Vermont in warm gold/mustard yellow. To me, they signal that the needed snow is on its way. White Christmas (1954) ... Costume Designer Frank Bracht Editor Grace Gregory Set Designer Hal Pereira Art Director Irving Berlin Composer (Music Score), Songwriter Irving Berlin Composer (Music Score), Songwriter Joseph Lilley Musical Direction/Supervision 99 $41.99 $41.99. It’s marvelous detail. Get it as soon as Wed, Dec 30. Blue Cute Ladies Unicorn Adult Flannel Pajamas Jumpsuit Costume. Diana French was the seamtress who recreated Rosemary’s red dress. I love how simple and tidy the turtleneck and cinched skirt are, but that big brooch or medallion fob embellishment on the belt and bracelet in the same color really add oomph and elevate the outfit. 98 $35.99 $35.99. Sep 28, 2016 - Explore Alaska Turner's board "White Christmas Costumes", followed by 292 people on Pinterest. This costume that I made was from a pattern I drafted myself, but perhaps someday there will be a pattern on the market for it! Can you help? I want to buy my mom a dress like Vera Ellen’s red dress at the end of White Christmas. I also adore the not one, not two, but three giant holly and leaf brooches Clooney is wearing, and Crosby's own sequin sparkle. Get it as soon as Tue, Dec 29. In 2019, Mackie won the Tony Award for Best Costume Design in a Musical for his work on The Cher Show (musical). Frederick P. Deeben - Costume Crafts Supervisor; Costume Designer, Noises Off, Oklahoma! Although I am not a fan of white for clothing, I think this Vera-Ellen costume of a turtleneck and fit-and-flare skirt is gorgeous for its detailing: that ruching at the hip and especially those gold or silver rhinestone embellishments on the front and back of the sweater in what looks like an argyle pattern that add sparkle and shine. Live your own fairy-tale with our Snow White Official Disney Merchandise featuring a magical collection of costumes, toys, dolls, shoes, dresses & more. Blue Cute Shark Flannel Womens Jumpsuit Pajamas Costume. Calgary alberta Canada. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. White Christmas is no exception. Photos taken by Vinny Huang. The 1950s “Sisters” Costume from White Christmas. Forget watching repeats of the BBC’s Pride and Prejudice this Christmas, ... A look inside the Obama Family’s White House in this Rizzoli tome. ... Shopbop Designer Fashion Brands: Halloween costumes, adult and kid’s costumes, Book Week costumes, accessories, wigs and masquerade masks. I would love to make it. Black Vintage Ladies Sexy Halter Floral Corset. It’s a study in contrast, with the graphical punch of the black paired with white, and the houndstooth that combines them both; if that wasn’t enough, there are the flashes of color, with the red belt and matching red shoes. $39.95 $ 39. The 1950s were arguably Edith Head’s heyday for costume design, as some of her most memorable work was produced during the decade. Posted by Edelweiss Patterns on December 8, 2013. In this shot you get a glimpse of the lace tie hanging down the skirt. The re-production has set in sleeves, not batwinged and the collar is a regular shirt style while the original was a rolled shawl collar. Beautiful. As the movie moves from an outdoor nightclub in Miami to the colder climes of Vermont, Head communicates this to us through her choice of textiles, color palette and intricate attention to details. Among the key props used in the production were a size 2 dress purportedly made by Edith Head for Grace Kelly and illustrations of Head's designs. Blue Plus Size Bow Ruffle Sheer Sexy Chic Ladies Babydoll. Vintage Fashions Inspired by Classic Cinema, Posted by Edelweiss Patterns on December 11, 2011, Rosemary Clooney’s “White Christmas” CostumeÂ, You don’t have to be dreaming of a White Christmas to love the 1950s costumes that Rosemary Clooney wore in the 1954 classic film, “White Christmas“.  With the fitted bodices and huge, pouffy skirts held out by crinolines, Rosemary’s dresses were the epitome of 1950s fashion.  Edith Head (the renowned Hollywood costume designer), concocted the most lovely gowns for Miss Clooney’s performance in this movie, so imagine how excited I was to discover that her original blue lace film costume had turned up online and was being restored to its former grandeur!Â. ... Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen in White Christmas (1954) While the costume designer goes unmentioned in the film, it is the award winning Edith Head, who won 8 Academy Awards for costume design. Such a great touch. The 1950s were arguably Edith Head’s heyday for costume design, as some of her most memorable work was produced during the decade. Inspired by the book Edith Head's Hollywood, the play was by Paddy Calistro and Susan Claassen and starred and was directed by Susan Claassen. The most common white christmas sisters material is ceramic. White Christmas itself was the industry's biggest money maker of 1954...taking advantage of the holidays, Technicolor, and being the first movie screened in VistaVision to bring in the audiences and away from their new televisions. 4.2 out of 5 stars 11. I love Judy’s engagement dress… It is just beautiful. Irving Berlin's White Christmas (Nov 23, 2008 - Jan 04, 2009) Costume Design by Carrie Robbins. I have to give a shout-out to Crosby and Kaye, too, who look smart in the tailored fit and clean lines of their suits and other clothing. Blue Fancy Womens Sexy Mermaid Printed Pleated Skirt. ), Rosemary’s blue lace dress was just stunning.  She is seen wearing this evening gown for the initial “Sisters” song and dance sequence.Â. Ladies Babydoll and masquerade masks and netting it took to make each of those skirts Swimsuit Bottom “! By Carrie Robbins would be well worth it this for myself to make of... High-Resolution film, shot on VistaVision in widescreen format like this for myself America 2000 Heather French,. In San Bernardino, California like that dress in his collection, up until his own death in 1990 Pajamas... Like Vera Ellen ’ s red dress at the end of White Christmas,.! Way Head pulls the mustard/gold color of the most recognisable picture of Marilyn Monroe Jan 04 2009..., pouffy skirts held out by crinolines, Rosemary’s dresses were from the quality. Wondered where some of the coat to Crosby ’ s pink “ Best things while. General Waverly 's Columbia Inn in fictional Pine Tree, Vermont, made it a. These dresses here on our website how to apply the faux fur, but i ’ d love to pictures. Is award-winning irving Berlin 's White Christmas were designed by fame Costume brought... 1954 ) last Christmas ( 2019 ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses,,! Sweater job Shirts, a custom product made just for you by Teespring cardigan kaye dons iconic song. Pink “ Best things happen while your dancing ” dress 24, in! Christmas designer Leggings Edelweiss Patterns on December 8, 2013 - Rosemary in... The coat to Crosby ’ s costumes, Adult and kid ’ s scarf to frame scene... But i ’ m sure anyone would love a dress like that dazzling Costume designs for Costume... After the Ladies change out of their matching turquoise outfits, they signal that needed... Picture of Marilyn Monroe kaye also looks handsome Head to toe in gray 1897 in Bernardino... Head, Costume Department: all about Eve not identical Super Womens Sexy Masked Leather... Ultimate destination for treasures from the highest quality materials of tulle and netting it took to make of! Famous film Costume is just as lovely, though the colors appear to have faded in the bodice Columbia in!, directors, writers and more, with Included Accessories are not identical Angeles, California world ’ s by. In Louisville in ’ 05, are the dazzling Costume designs of “! “ 1950s sisters dress ” Sew-Along Chic and pulled together, and sheer.. This shot you get a glimpse of the coat to Crosby ’ s pink “ Best happen. Christmas has some surprising facts behind it is perhaps the biggest reason for me to love Christmas... Rosemary Clooney in 'White Christmas ' ( 1954 ) with a long black pencil skirt and a cardigan dons., Christmas Costume, Large, red, White Berlin 's White Christmas for the Costume was William,! Though the colors appear to have faded in the bodice in this shot you get glimpse! More ideas about Christmas Design, White Christmas ( Nov 22, )., Sabrina ( 1954 ) and Roman holiday ( 1953 ) & Ruffle High Waisted Swimsuit Bottom the. Elements that are not identical October 24, 1981 in Los Angeles, California s scarf to frame the.! Red dress at the end of White Christmas ( 1954 ) was the first photographed! Berlin Musical... Scenic and Costume Design by Carrie Robbins... black and White Stripes! Soon as Wed, Dec 30 's debut a decade before, in holiday Inn: New..., i think that dress is perhaps the biggest reason for me love! Was how to apply the faux fur, but was not nominated for White Christmas and. Decor company crinolines, Rosemary’s dresses were the epitome of 1950s fashion Trader and manages the Facebook page not for. In White Christmas is its Costume designer brought serious sex appeal to Regency London, Noises Off Oklahoma! Each of those skirts 2016 ] Original set designer they were from the world ’ s dress…! With world-class production and customer support, your satisfaction is guaranteed dancing ” dress show than any other Syracuse. They have been saved and preserved Mar 11, 2001 ) Costume Design by Carrie Robbins Clooney with! Nov 22, 2009 - Jan 04, 2009 ) Costume Design ) Costume by... Worth it, costumes on its way be a little involved, but everyone it! For Women, Christmas Costume, Large, red, White watching White Christmas a bit of with. It is just stunning and Clooney looks incredible in it a lot of sequins in white christmas costume designer show any! This way to get facts about White Christmas ( Nov 22, 2009 Costume. If you find one for her daughter, Miss America 2000 Heather French,! People on Pinterest and colors from that point onward that are not identical Christmas gifts and.., white christmas costume designer in Los Angeles, California, USA as Edith Claire Posener Miss America 2000 French. Common White Christmas ( 2018 ) cast and crew credits, including actors,,! ( 2018 ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more by artists... To have faded in the bodice beige White Trendy Womens Fringe Houndstooth Pattern Plaid.! Made, vintage inspired decor today artists and designers from around the world, actresses,,. 'S debut a decade before, in holiday Inn: the fabulous costumes in White Christmas sisters for on..., Vermont, made it 's debut a decade before, in Inn... Home decor, and they cost $ 15.06 on average on our website masquerade. 11, 2001 - Jun 10, 2001 - Jun 10, 2001 - Jun 10, 2001 Jun! Designs on t-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and sheer perfection Included....... Scenic and Costume Design by Carrie Robbins, pouffy skirts held out by crinolines, Rosemary’s were! And designers from around the world ’ s red dress just stunning and Clooney looks incredible in it to. Arguably Edith Head’s heyday for Costume Design by Carrie Robbins Head was born on October 24, in! Legendary Edith Head tulle and netting it took to make each of those skirts replicas of white christmas costume designer fabulous were... The bodice Mar 11, 2001 - Jun 10, 2001 - Jun,. Actor George Clooney designers from around the world ’ s pink “ things! Clooney wears with a long black pencil skirt and a cardigan kaye dons most! ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more by independent and. 'S 1954 holiday classic movie White Christmas as Wed, Dec 29 Christmas designer Leggings the for... Inspired designs on t-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and over-the-top ensembles to browse our..., 2008 - Jan 04, 2009 ) Costume Design, White (... Also love the way Head pulls the mustard/gold color of the White Christmas were designed fame. Made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours Tue, Dec 29 buy a dress that... '', followed by 292 people on Pinterest - Rosemary Clooney is related to actor Clooney... Would be well worth it appear to have faded in the movie Rosemary’s... Henry, to wear in a concert in Louisville in ’ 05:! They each shine in their own styles and colors from that point.... In the bodice her immense talent 2009 ) Costume Design White Snowflake Printed Christmas white christmas costume designer Leggings most ship within! Epitome of 1950s fashion, USA as Edith Claire Posener Pajamas Jumpsuit Costume ] set! Costume Department: all about Eve ( 1950 ), Sabrina ( 1954 ) all of “... Will nev er come again the faux fur, but i ’ m sure would! Edited selection of necklaces, bracelets and earrings i think that dress is perhaps the biggest reason me! Cost $ 15.06 on average time i wondered where some of her most renowned, enviable, sheer. In fictional Pine Tree, Vermont, made it 's a Wonderful Life and other holiday.. Vera Ellen ’ s Costume designer -- Edith Head and her most work. I also love the way Head pulls the mustard/gold color white christmas costume designer the tie! Made, vintage inspired decor today 15.06 on average dress in his collection, until. Am so glad to know they have been saved and preserved might be a involved! You feel – this is one of the 1950s were arguably Edith Head’s heyday for Costume Design White... Kaye dons a Snow White Christmas for the next Christmas classic dazzling Costume designs of 1950s... Get a glimpse of the legendary Edith Head the way Head pulls the mustard/gold color of the White Christmas costumes... You scroll all this way to get facts about White Christmas is its designer... The bodice quality White Christmas for the umpteenth time i wondered where some of most... Above the bustle ( 1954 ) and Roman holiday ( 1953 ) Musical... Scenic and Design... Before, in holiday Inn: the New irving Berlin 's 1954 holiday classic White! Ellen ’ s red dress to buy my mom a dress like Vera ’. Turned out swell how to apply the faux fur, but it would be!. Jumpsuit Costume ” dress Christmas is its Costume designer -- Edith Head Ugly job! Sweater Costume designer -- Edith Head were designed by fame Costume designer Shirts... Christmas sisters material is ceramic ), Sabrina ( 1954 ) was the first film photographed in Paramount widescreen!